We are a bunch of common people achieving uncommon results!
- Diane Spicer, CEO has a passion to see lives transformed and for the Church to be restored as the primary care-giver in every community. She has previous experience pioneering community support groups, has worked at Malmsbury Juvenile Justice Centre and adult maximum-security prisons throughout Victoria developing, coordinating and delivering in-prison programs
- Laurel Gore, a highly experienced and empathetic senior support worker has been working with women in Victoria’s prisons since 1996. Laurel is a familiar face inside the women’s prisons running regular sports, fitness, and discussion groups and spending time with the women.
- Lyndel Baldwin, is an advocate, remand support worker and qualified counsellor with a background in pastoral care, several years counselling in the community including Sacred Heart Mission, St. Kilda and supporting women in Victoria’s prisons with Prison Network since 2011.
- Lyn Stephens, joined the staff in 2013 after working for years with us as a volunteer. She is a knowledgeable and compassionate Program Coordinator & Mentor that has been investing in the success of women post release as well as connecting with and encouraging women in the prisons since 2008
- Our Volunteer & Program Coordinator position is waiting to be filled -we’re interviewing now.
- Jenni Walker – Administration – does a fabulous job attending to details, scheduling, maintaining records and database, compiling and producing our Prayer Notes and newsletter articles and lots lots more.
Our Volunteers are the best!!!
- Jan has volunteered with Prison Network since 2009 working closely with women in the Mental Health Unit at DPFC in the Crafts and Cooking program.
- Sonia has led our Sunday Live program since 2009 and continues to inspire and encourage the women by introducing them to motivational speakers each month.
- Sarah began volunteering when she was 20 years old in Arts & Craft and 14 years on is now our Fun With Mum Program Coordinator. She also regularly transports children to the prison to visit their mums.
- Julie has been a valued member of our Arts & Craft volunteer team at Tarrengower Prison since 2007
- Bronwyn, Sue, Laura, Lyn and Faye attend church together and have been involved as one of our Fun With Mum teams since 2009.
- Ruth has volunteered with Prison Network since 2013 and is partnering with Lyndel to deliver Talk It Out in the Protection Unit at DPFC.
- Sophie began volunteeringwith Prison Network in 2005 and spent many years working with women in the Protection Unit at DPFC. She now continues as part of the Arts & Craft team at Tarrengower.
- Sonia, Sarah and Sophie have all been actively involved in supporting and mentoring women, children (or both) over many years.
- all our Board members
- all our Prayer Warriors (without whom we would cease to exist)
- and the 50+ other volunteers who so faithfully give their time, hearts and hands to help hurting women & their families
“If you have hard work to do, you might as well have fun doing it!”
(our CEO often says that!)
If you would like to join our team of volunteers, contact us today. We’d love to hear from you!